Our favorite topping is simply freshly squeezed lemon juice nad sugar and we roll them before we eat the,
125 g of plain flour
300 ml of milk or a mixture of milk and water
The secret of making great pancakes is letter the batter stand in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, so that you do not have bubbles in it. It should be the consistency of single cream and you can make then in advance, layer them with parchment and then warm them up as a pile in the microwave for one minute.
- Sieve the flour into a large baking bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the flour and add the egg and beat well until smooth and lump free.
- Add half the milk and beat well.
- Add the remaining milk and stir.
- Leave the batter to rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Lightly grease a pancake pan or frying pan with spray oil of a brush dipped in oil, heat until very hot and add a ladle of batter to evenly and thinly coat the base of the pan.
- Cook until set and lightly golden. Flip over and cook on the other side for approx 30 seconds.
- Remove the pancake from the pan, place on a sheet of kitchen paper and keep warm. Continue as above until all the batter is used up.